Listen Up! Your Soul is Speaking!

Happy New YEar!
How did it become week 52 and then the New Year?  Well here we are and I am happy to write that we have continued stong with the weekly family photo and even though I haven't posted them here I have most certainly taken them.  One of the 3 gifts that my children recieved for Christmas was a photobook of all of the photos of themselves from 2014.  It was magical when after they had all opened them the wrapping paper was quiet and they all sat {all 7 of them!} and looked at their books smiling and laughing before continuing to open their other gifts.  I love it!  I'm excited to make the 2015 books for next year that will have all of the weekly family photos in them.  I'm such a photo taking nerd and I love having them.  I think they will be treasures in the future.  I will send those books off with them when they get married and I feel like it will be something worth taking.

With the new year I have had so many thoughts and ideas and expereinces telling me how to be better and what I need to do.  I've never been one of those people overly 'thankful' for the very hard things I have had to go through in life but I know that these things are helping to knock off my rough edges and to open up places in my heart for better things.  I've gained a whole new perspective on heartbreak reading this.
"True worship begins when our hearts are right before the Father and the Son. Paradoxically, in order to have a healed and faithful heart, we must first allow it to break before the Lord. “Ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit,”7 the Lord declares. The result of sacrificing our heart, or our will, to the Lord is that we receive the spiritual guidance we need.
With a growing understanding of the Lord’s grace and mercy, we will find that our self-willed hearts begin to crack and break in gratitude. Then we reach for Him, yearning to yoke ourselves to the Only Begotten Son of God. In our brokenhearted reaching and yoking, we receive new hope and fresh guidance through the Holy Ghost."

I have concluded that I should indeed be grateful for the experiences that break my heart so that I do have a broken heart and contrite spirit to offer so He can make something better of me. 

What happens to a seed when it cracks and breaks open?  That’s how the light gets in.  Then the inside of that seed has a new path to become what it was truly created to be as it grows into something new; something different and much larger and more productive than that seed could have ever been on it’s own. 
The other conclusion I reached is that I don't need a list of goals or resolutions for the new year.  I need to listen to my soul speaking.  I need to listen to hear what my spirit wants my life to be like.  Instead of lists and goals and reminders on my mirror this year I carefully wrote up my ideal life.  I wrote and wrote and edited and added and listened and wrote until I let my soul tell me all about my future life and now it is written down and recorded on my phone and I listen to it each morning when I wake up.  I'm calling it my soul speaking prophesy.  I'm believing in it.  Because this I know:  the subconscious is a powerful tool.  When I listen to myself telling myself {whoa that sounds really funny} saying that I only speak in uplifting and inspiring ways, even though that isn't always true right now, when I go to speak in a way that is not uplifting and inspiring my subconscious will wave a reg flag telling me how I speak.  
Is your soul speaking?  Maybe you should listen.  
E

Comments