Abundance


I'm not sure how I'm having such a difficult time keeping up with things that pass but I think it may have something to do with abundance in my life.  I am abundantly blessed.  I have an abundance of things running in my mental need to do list on a hourly basis and so many blessings associated with those items.  We have an excessive amount of fun around here and when I look back through photos it is difficult for me to really process all the awesome experiences we are able to have on a continual basis.
Yes, Kurt and I are hard workers with big dreams who plan and work to make these things happen.  But this is only a very small part of it.  Ultimately I have to acknowledge the massive blessings from my Father in Heaven that flow to us continually that make most parts of life so joyful.

A quick list for my records:
1 week spent in Aspen with dear friends exploring and loving being together
An awesome fishing trip to Basalt Reservoir where everyone caught a fish

Finding the John Denver Sanctuary Park in Aspen

A fun graduation party with Clint & Ashley to celebrate her finishing Med school where we did a photo booth and face painting.  The lady in charge of face paint told me our children were her favorite that she had every worked with.  I loved it.

A fun Memorial Day barbecue inside because of pouring rain
Two birthday parties at Grandma and Grandpa Sheffield's house with Pinatas for cousins


Celebrating Savanna's birthday with the saran wrap candy ball... another teenager in the house


Many Many rain and hail storms with the children playing in the gutters and splashing in puddles

Getting the shaved ice stand up and running for 2015
Kurt framing up the new bedroom in the basement and getting excited about the possibilities!
Swimming in the rain with the sun still shining
Sheffield began crawling and going all the way up the stairs 3 days later.  Now standing on furniture
Taking Sheffield to the horse barn with us for the first time

Madeline's 2 week trip to Utah for EFY and visiting family
Emma's fun dance recital with Jazz and Ballet

Kurt finished building the trellis in the garden for the new grape vines!
Having the coldest and most rainy May in Colorado in 40 years!

 Laughing hysterically over the things that Faye said lately:  calling me kissalicious; telling Clark that he is "not permissioned for these pants" when he told her not to draw on them with pen.. Also when she says no she says "No please."  She is constantly cracking us up.

Two teeth for Sheffield!
A week long Pony Camp for Madeline, Savanna, and Emma
Elizabeth Rodeo & Parade with Clark Muttin Bustin



Recently I have been feeling really thoughtful by the over privilege that my children experience.  They will never know what it is like to wonder if they are loved or cared for or where their next meal will come from.  They cannot possibly understand how so many others in the world live struggling for daily sustenance; as I will not understand either because I too have always been well cared for.   Don't get me wrong; I do not wish for any of us to have to go through feeling that way or not having the essentials of life.  Pondering on it has just made me feel especially grateful for the life that we live and that is what I am trying to express and hoping to teach them.  Again and again I need to re-learn the lesson that life is so much more enjoyable when I am focused on what I DO have; what is around me that is lovely and fun and fulfilling.  It's such a better way to live than to look at others and see that they have things I don't have. 
The truth is; there is abundance all around me.  I'm thankful that blessings are what keep me busy! 
Sailing On, 
E


Comments

Post a Comment