Photos

The good news about July going by so quickly is that I only have another four weeks of being pregnant.  The bad news is that 4 (or less) weeks is not enough for me to get everything done that I want to do before baby comes.



July included a lot of backyard fires, pulling weeds, watching Christian play baseball, the Sheffield family reunion, a trip to the ER for Madeline via ambulance and a diagnosis of Bells Palsy, working at Pure Bliss Shaved Ice, trying to clean up my life and get rid of things, and some good sewing hours.

For today all I can say is that I'm going to keep going every day when I wake up in the morning and I hope that's enough.  I'm not promising much else these days.

I read this quote every day:
Every one of us has times when we need to know things will get better. Moroni spoke of it in the Book of Mormon as “hope for a better world.” For emotional health and spiritual stamina, everyone needs to be able to look forward to some respite, to something pleasant and renewing and hopeful, whether that blessing be near at hand or still some distance ahead. It is enough just to know we can get there, that however measured or far away, there is the promise of “good things to come.”
My declaration is that this is precisely what the gospel of Jesus Christ offers us, especially in times of need. There is help. There is happiness. There really is light at the end of the tunnel. It is the Light of the World, the Bright and Morning Star, the “light that is endless, that can never be darkened.”  It is the very Son of God Himself. In loving praise far beyond Romeo’s reach, we say, “What light through yonder window breaks?” It is the return of hope, and Jesus is the Sun.  To any who may be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His “more excellent ministry” with a future of “better promises.” He is your “high priest of good things to come.”      -Jeffrey R. Holland

I hope it brings you the reassurance it brings me :)
Sailing On,
E

Comments